There are many reliable heating pad products as well as brands are available in the market nowadays. You must always choose the best heating pad for getting relief from your pain shortly and effectively.
Many people think these pads are only for heating. But in reality, besides heating, there are some other amazing benefits you can get from a heating pad if you use it regularly with cautions.
Although even you cannot deny its importance, capabilities of soothing pain and stiffness on your body yet the problem for most people is its varieties. There are different types of heating pad available in the market and it’s really tough to decide which one should buy at the first place. Secondly, which pad you should choose for a specific kind of pain you have, that’s another big problematic issue for many as well.
In this article, I am going to discuss some of the different types of heating pads you should consider buying and I will try my best to provide some advantages and disadvantages for your better information. You can also read and follow some important heating pad safety tips and rules if you want before using it.
What is heating pad?
A heating pad is a pad which is used for making warm of our body parts in order to get rid of the pain. You can get rid of any kind of pain anywhere in your body like shoulders, back, neck, knee, and feet and so on very shortly without damaging your body as well as skin. It is one of the oldest methods for getting rid of body pain.
Different types of heating pads
One of the main problems of the heating pad is its varieties. There are many forms, shapes, and varieties of heating pad you will find on the market, so it’s a little difficult to explain all here. Most common types of heating pads are little difficult to explain all here.
Microwavable Heating Pad:
This pad is normally made of flannel fabrics and is filled with various grains such as rice, flax seeds, wheat or sometimes different herbs. It requires a microwave oven for being heat up and it does not require any electricity by itself.
Most of the microwavable heating pad comes with the aromatic scent using various spices, herbs, flower petals and some essential scented oils.
- Do not require any electricity
- No fear or burning body skin since its slowly cooling off nature
- Good for soft heat therapy
- Mostly comes with aromatic scents
- Some are made of organic materials
- Still, require a microwave oven to for being heat up
- Only good for short period of heat therapy in a single session
- Most often comes with no adhesive tabs or straps
Electric Heating Pad:
The most common heating pad in the market. It comes in various sizes from small to extra large. You just need to plug this heating pad and switch it on, it starts working by itself instantly.
This is the most popular heating pad among all. If you are looking for a heating pad for getting pain relief, we strongly recommend this type of product for you. It provides ultimate comfort and pleasure than any other heating pads, needless to say.
- Very easy to control and use
- Auto shut-off technology provides extra safety and comfort
- Comes with various temperature settings
- Mostly electric heating pads are machine washable
- Good brands provide a warranty
- Good for both moist and dry heat therapy
- Less expensive than microwave heating pad
- Require electricity
- Chance of burning your skin if not careful
Chemical Heating Pad
Most of the chemical heating pads are disposable. Normally, small in size and easily wearable onto the skin directly under the clothes. This is best for office going person where you cannot use common heating pad normally.
- Small in size and good for under clothing
- Well known product for quick heating
- Good for office going person
- Adhesive and can be used in any body parts
- Good for travelers
- Most of them are not reusable
- This heat therapy is less expensive
- Not good for long period heat therapy session
Far Infrared Heating Pad
This pad is basically an updated version of an electric heating pad. If you are looking for a heating pad for chronic pain and for deeply penetrated heat therapy, I strongly recommend this product for better treatment and comfort.
Its jade discs or stones absorb heat and provides it 3-4 inch deep into the skin tissue.
- Best types of heat therapy for chronic pain
- Good for deeply penetrated heat therapy
- Increased blood flow and provide maximum relief from pain
- Works well for body weight loss and shaping up
- Various health benefits you will get from this infrared heat therapy
- Very high price heating pad
- Need extra care for getting long term benefits
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
1. Which heating pad should I use for chronic pain?
You can use both electric and infrared heating pad for that job done. I personally prefer infrared heating pad more than first one. There are some other amazing benefits of using the heating pad you will get it mostly from an infrared pad.
2. How long should I use it for relieving pain?
Use heat therapy for 15-20 minutes at a time and should take rest for minimum 1 hour. You can repeat this 4-5 times a day. Do not overuse this item, otherwise, it may lead you adverse health and skin effect of your body.
You should be extra careful in choosing the right and best heating pad for ultimate safety and comfort. You must check some features like brands, warranty, safety manual and instructions for getting relief from pain very shortly as well as effectively.