Aching or pain in the shoulder is very disgusting and pretty common nowadays. It actually happens for various reasons like ligament sprain, joint dislocation, dysfunction of the spine, muscle strain and sometimes even for heart disease.
It not easy to get rid of shoulder pain very easily. Sometimes it seems that it would never go away for good.
Most of the shoulder pain resolve within one or two weeks, sometimes even quicker. Some remedies you can make at your home easily as well.
If your pain is severe then you should consult with the professional doctor or physiotherapist regarding this matter before something worse happening.
Check The Video about What Causes Shoulder Pain?
Simple Home Remedies for Shoulder Pain
1. Applying ice pack on the shoulder
This is one of the best and proven methods for getting relieved from any shoulder pain very effectively. It basically reduces the inflammation and numb that pain shortly.
This method works very fine for acute pain but for severe pain, it might not be that effective most the of time.
You should consider some facts and points regarding this method:
- It’s not a good idea to apply the ice on your shoulder directly. Rather, you could use a thin layer of towel or cloth between your body and the ice pack.
- You should not use this therapy for more than 20 minutes at a time. You can do it 4-5 times a day. Do not overuse this method, otherwise, you could easily get some skin irritation and frostbite, which may make an adverse effect on your body.
- You can use the best ice pack which is available in the market. This is the best way of icing the shoulder, but in the case of instant relief, you could use the cold towel or even vegetables in that case.
2. Applying Heat on the Shoulder
This is another way of getting relieved from any pain, particularly on the shoulder. If you have any kind of chronic pain on the shoulder then this method is one of the best ways of getting rid of it, medically proven.
Moist heat therapy works very fine for this treatment.
Some points you need to remember in case you are using a heating pad or moist heat therapy:
- Soak a towel in the hot water and wring out moisture from it. Apply it on your shoulder directly which will work like a moist heating pad.
- Taking a warm bath is another good way of relieving from any mild shoulder pain instantly, it helps to relax the muscle and provide you a soothing effect on your body.
- You could use best heating pad which is available in the market. But remember, you should buy one which has the moist heating ability. Do not go for any dry one, which may increase the risk of injury and dehydrate soft tissue.
N: B: You can alter ice and heat therapy one after another for getting the best treatment of your shoulder pain.
3. By Taking Rest
Most of the cases, shoulder ache is caused by the overload of the work, stress, over exercise, or sometimes even for tension.
In that case, taking rest is one of the best and good ideas for getting relieved from that pain very shortly. In the middle of the night tendon pain in the shoulder get worse, so you should take extra care of your sleeping position as well at that time.
It’s better to move your shoulder gently often to encourage blood flow and stimulate healing.
4. Getting Shoulder Massage
Another very good way to get rid of shoulder pain. You can take the help of a qualified massage therapist for that job done.
Massage is helpful for the mild-to-moderate shoulder muscle pain but not good for severe chronic pain.pain but not good for severe chronic pain.
It helps to increase the blood circulation as well as the flexibility of your body and mitigate inflammation up to a certain level.
5. You can Take Over-the-Counter Pills
If your shoulder pain is unbearable and both heat and cold therapy are not properly working, then you should consider about some painkillers or anti-inflammatories at that stage.inflammatories at that stage.inflammatories at that stage.inflammatories at that stage.
You can take Ibuprofen, but this is not very appropriate for small children, so you must be careful using this over-the-counter pills.
Do remember, this kind of medicine is only for short term solution and not meant for regular or daily use.
6. Try to Make Some Shoulder Stretches
Shoulder pain caused by stiff and tight muscles or sometimes for bad and poor posture.
Stretching muscle increases blood circulation, improves flexibility and reduces muscle tension.
You can hold your shoulder for about 1 to 2 minutes while you deep breathing which helps you to diminish the aches if you have a mild one. Make sure you would do this method maximum 5-7 times in a day, not more than that.
Getting rid of shoulder pain is not very easy if it’s a severe one, but for the mild pain, it must be relieved within just a couple of days.
You should try all the upper mentioned methods and I hope your pain will diminish very shortly. If not, probably it’s the time to consult with the physical therapist or doctor.