How to get rid of back pain? Probably the most answering question by us in every single week. There are hundred thousands of people are suffering from this kind of pain right now.
Dealing with lower or upper back is not easy. It can cause by any unavoidable injuries, physical illness, accidents or even for the aggression of old age.
You can mitigate your back pain by proper knowledge and care as well as using some home remedies easily. But in the case of severe pain persists for more than a week, you should consult with the doctor before something worse happens.
How to get rid of back pain shortly
Applying Ice on Your Lower or Upper Back
This is one of the best and right methods for relieving the back pain with ease and efficiency. During pain and swelling, ice helps to constrict the blood vessels underneath the skin which help to remove the pain shortly.
You should know some rules for applying the ice on your back:
- You can use an ice-towel. Wet the towel or dip it into the ice water and wring out the moisture and place it into a plastic bag.If you require colder than usual, you can freeze it for 20-30 minutes.
- Do not apply it on your skin if it is too cold. Using a thin layer of towel or cloth is the better way for making it.
- You can use best ice packs instead of towel or cloth. It would give you extra facilities of moving around and it provides 3-4 times longer cold than homemade towel pack.
- For instant getting relief, you can use vegetables as well for a short period of time.
By Using a Heating Pad or Heat Therapy
Heat is another way of relieving the back pain very effectively. It dilates the blood vessels and thus it helps to relieve the pain shortly.
Some of the rules you should follow in this case for cold therapy as well:
- It’s better to use moist heat therapy for getting relief from the pain very effectively and shortly. You could make a homemade heating pad or you could buy a moist heating pad from any marketplace for getting better treatment.
- You should apply it on your back for around 15-20 minutes. You can do it 4-5 times in a single day but do not overuse this method which could make an adverse effect on your body.
- It’s better using the best heating pad with various temperature settings which will give you extra facilities of getting heat therapy for your upper or lower back pain.
- You should also know some heating pad safety tips as well for a better back pain treatment.
Maintain a Good Health
This is one of the most common and a prerequisite for getting rid of the back pain very shortly. Walking like simple exercise could be helpful in this case.
There are some people who choose to exercise in the gym at that time but I do not prefer it at the first place. It could make your back pain worse. You can do free hand exercise along with walking, that is a far better idea in my opinion.
Quitting Smoking could be an Ideal Strategy
Smoking not only damages your lungs, most of the time it hurts your back.
In American Journal of Medicine found that current and former chain smoker are likely to have the back pain compared with the people who have never smoked in the entire life.
Taking Proper Rest
Though your lower back muscles are very strong compared to other kinds of muscle, yet it requires rest as well. Sometimes, onset muscle pain could be diminished if it gets proper rest.
Maintaining a good and well life balancing with adequate sleep, exercise and stress-free day can make your back pain improved.
- Try to sleep at least 8 hours at night.
- Use a medium-firm mattress which will give you least stress on your lower back.
Try to Make a Stress Free Life
It is scientifically proven that back pain sometimes caused by too much tension and tightness. So, you should try to increase your flexibility and maintain a stress-free day to day life for your own good.
Some medication and consultation with physical trainer or doctor could make your release from that kind of back pain once and for all.
By Using Some Relaxation Techniques
Relaxation techniques like meditation, yoga, deep breathing are clinically and scientifically proven ways of getting rid of any kind of pain, especially upper and lower back pain.
So, no doubt you should try this out by yourself or you could join a team who are expert in this kind of relaxation techniques.
It helps to mitigate your depression and anxiety as well.
Consulting with a Doctor
After using all the upper mentioned methods, if you think your pain is not decreasing or improving at all, probably it is the high time to consult with the medical therapist or doctor.
In the case of back pain, you should consult with a doctor who is basically an orthopedic physical therapist or surgeon.
Getting relief from back pain shortly is really not an easy task most of the time. Aging is another reason of back pain which could happen any time at that level.
You must be very careful and aware at that stage of your life. If that happens, try to consult with your doctor as soon as possible.
So, I hope you are relaxed now and you would apply almost all the methods and techniques one by one by yourself. It will help you to get relief from the back pain very shortly and effectively, I hope.