Neck pain nowadays is one of the most common problems for many because of long hours of desk working without having any breaks at the office, poor posture, sleeping in the bad position at night, any neck injury or accident.
It must remain in good shape and condition for maintaining a good and healthy daily life and the better movement of your body.
Most of the time neck pain causes numbness and stiffness in the shoulder, tenderness, headache and even creates the problem on swallowing the food we intake. It’s very hard to carry out our day to day work as well if it happens.
There are some techniques and home remedies for neck pain you can use, which will help you to get rid of nasty pinching pain shortly.
But keep in mind that, all the methods might not work for you like as other’s do since it depends on health condition the severity of pain and so on.
Some Best Home Remedies for Neck Pain
Using Ice Therapy
By far probably this is the simplest as well as the easiest method of all. You should use ice therapy as soon as you encounter the pain in your neck. It may provide you an instant relief from the pain if it’s a mild one.
Some rules you should remember it the case of using the best ice pack therapy:
- Do not use ice directly on your shoulder. Rather, you should wrap it in a thin towel or cloth and place it on your neck.
- An ice pack is better for getting relief, but in case if you do not have any at your home, you can use frozen vegetables or fruits instead. Some suggest peas work better rather than anything else. You can use a plastic bag (ziplock bag is the best) and put those veggies into it and place it on your neck.
- Make sure that you wouldn’t do it for a long period of time, 15-20 minutes at a time is perfect for using it. You can use it several times if you want (4-5 times a day in my opinion).
Apple Cider Vinegar
It’s a good way of relieving the mild neck pain shortly. Its powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant may get you relief quickly and effectively.
Some people said this method didn’t work very well for them, whereas some people conclude that, this is one of the best methods which worked for them.
You should do:
- Take a thin cloth or paper towel and soak it in the apple cider vinegar. Now place it on your affected area of the neck and leave it there for at least 1-1.30 hours. You can repeat this process two to three times in a day until the pain is gone.
- Make full of your bathtub with water and add 2 cups of apple cider vinegar on it. Soak yourself in it for at least about 20 minutes. I hope your mild neck will go away if you do it regularly for several days.
You Should Increase your Magnesium Intake
Magnesium helps to relaxation of the muscles and aids in the contraction which might decrease your neck pain problem.
- Some vegetables, soy products, whole grains, beans are loaded with magnesium. You should consume it daily for avoiding the neck pain and from happening again.
- banana is a great source of magnesium and potassium. You can consume at least 2 bananas in a single day.
Epsom Salt Bath
Epsom salt bath is a great way for reducing stress, muscle tension for neck pain. It also helps to reduce other body pain as well. Its muscle relaxant helps reduce swelling and pain, clinically proven.
- Fill the tub with lukewarm hot water
- Add 2 cups of Epsom salt in it
- Soak your body and neck for 15-20 minutes
N: B: If you are having diabetes, high blood pressure, heart and skin problem you should avoid this therapy.
You should slowly rotate your neck clockwise and anti-clockwise for a certain period of time (3-5 minutes is ok). Do not create pressure on your neck if you feel too much-pinched pain.
Use a neck supporting chair
You obviously want to maintain your good posture and your neck pain under control. Your cervical spine requires neutral position. In this case, you can choose an office chair which has a neck support back pillow type option on it.
This is one of the best ways if you need to work in the office for a long period of time.
You can also take some neck massage if you want. My personal recommendation is not doing it at home. You must think about an experienced physical therapist in this case.
At last, if your neck pain is still not improving, probably it’s the time to consult with a medical doctor regarding this matter.