Nowadays knee pain when bending is one of the most common problems for many people. If you do no treat this problem in time, minor discomfort might turn into a major problem sometimes.
Pain in front of the knee which is called Anterior knee pain is probably the most common one among various knee pain. It can occur people of all ages from child to old and sometimes it requires rehabilitation and non-surgical treatment for getting relief from it.
It could be catastrophic consequences in many cases if you ignore it from the very beginning. If not well treated it can also cause various other problems in the body and might end up a medical surgery.
Symptoms and Signs of Knee Pain
- Pain under or around your kneecap. Sometimes it may happen all over the feet/leg.
- Around the kneecap, you might notice mild swelling.
- Something snapping and popping might be noticeable around the kneecap. It does not generally indicate any serious problem but if you are experiencing swelling and pain, which could be more serious sign of something bad happening.
- You will have a severe knee pain if your kneecap dislocated after sudden twisting, falling during sports activity or accident.
- After overuse activities like running, stair climbing or jumping, your pain might develop and worse gradually.
- Weight bearing activities probably become tougher than before for you knee problem.
What are the Causes of Knee Pain
- Frequently bending and squatting of your knee.
- It occurs most of the time who is a beginner in new sport activities especially in jumping and running.
- A direct fall or impact from any accident on the front of the knee.
- It can happen if the kneecap is in an abnormal position.
- It is a common problem of adults and healthy youth, most often girls.
- Arthritis is one of the major problems for knee pain.
- If the thigh muscle on the back of front become very tight or weak, it causes knee pain a lot
- One of the most common problems with the people who have flat feet.
- Some kinds of fracture, sudden twisting of knee/leg or other injuries to the kneecap.
- In case if you kneel a lot.
- Aging is one of the major issues for causing knee pain as our joint become more vulnerable to any kind of physical damage. Actually, it begins after the age of forty but the person in their 20s and 30s can also get it too, anytime.
Treatment of Pain in Knee When Bending
For Mild Knee Pain and Injuries
Resting: This is one of the major issues for getting relief from any kind of physical or body pain as well as also for knee pain. A short period of resting may help to relieve knee pain for a short period of time instantly.
Rubbing balm: Rubbing balm into the skin is one of the most popular ways for relieving aches which also works great even for knee pain. You should use the best type of this product for better home treatment.
Apply heat and ice: One of the most effective way to get relief from acute knee pain. This is one of the oldest methods but might not work for chronic pain or severe injuries. You can easily use plastic bag and ice for your knee pain.
While applying ice do not use it directly, rather use a towel or thin layer of cloth for ultimate safety. You can also use best ice packs for knee which is very handy and easy to use and perfect for that treatment.
Changes the exercise: You should change the way of your exercise and you should learn the exercise to strengthen your core. If it does not work, you should take a break from it for a while which could be better for your body healing.
Lose Weight: If you are overweight, probably this is the reason for your knee pain when bending. You should lose your weight at the first place as early as possible for getting relief from this once and for all. This is one of the most recommended advice for the people who are overweight and suffering any pain especially knee one.
Wearing the correct shoes: You must wear the correct best-fitted shoes for walking, running or for any sports. High heels must be avoided in this painful period of that time for ladies.
For Serious Pain and Injuries
Over the counter drugs: When your pain is not controllable at all by home remedies, you should think about over the counter medication like ibuprofen, naproxen or aspirin which might help you relieve the pain instantly for short period of time.
Consulting doctor: In the case of severe injury or chronic pain in the knee, you can consult a doctor in this case for proper treatment, medication, and guideline.
Surgery for Traumatic injury: When the medication is not enough to get relief from the pain and restore your mobility, probably it is the time to think about surgery.
Total Knee Replacement: The last step of this nasty pain which is a bit tough to endure and you must think about it before something terrible happens. knee pain when bending leg probably might not a big issue, but it could be a sign of something serious in near future, so do not hesitate to consult with a doctor if you are having any severe and serious pain in knee when bending.